Exchange Migration Errors

Recently while performing a migration from Exchange 2003 to Office 365 (wave 15), I ran into a few mailboxes that were failing the migration with the following error:

SNAGHTML37b882e9.png

The error sounds pretty straightforward, and the general recommendation on the community forums is to delete these accounts and start over. Makes sense… these are user accounts that were created before I started the migration, so maybe they were corrupted? …except for the fact that there were some other users that had previously been created whose mailboxes were migrating just fine. So I checked the accounts in Office 365 and sure enough, their user accounts did not have Exchange Online enabled!

SNAGHTML37bb735f.png

I enabled their Exchange Online licenses, and they were caught in the second round of the migration… might not be the solution for everyone, but definitely a sweet little fix!

2 thoughts on “Exchange Migration Errors

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.